It is difficult to maintain a healthy lifestyle in the middle of a crisis like this. The uncertainty, and worries related to finances, childcare, elderly parents, and job security disrupt our routines, our lifestyles and mental health. The uncertainty about the future, the ceaseless news coverage and constant social media driven flood of messages can increase our sense of anxiety. Stress is a normal response to these types of situations.
Are you observing the following symptoms as a part of your mental well-being?
- Anxiety & Fear
- Socially Isolated
- Eating too much or too less
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Sleeping more or not able to fall asleep
If yes, your stress levels may be high
Things to do that are helpful are as follows during this pandemic
- Relax physically & mentally by practicing yoga & meditation or just do a deep breathing exercise for 10 minutes daily.
- Financial wellness. Money plays a critical role in our lives and not having enough of it impacts health. Financial stress is a common source of stress, anxiety and fear. Give a certain direction to your frustrations you might be facing so it helps to enhance your skills.
- Assess your Stress Levels
- Physical Well-being
- Eat healthy food and drink plenty of water to raise your immunity.
- Take sufficient rest
- Do some physical activity for at least 30 minutes to distress yourself.
- Make a disciplined daily schedule balancing work-life.
- Adopt Healthy Lifestyle Habits.