Quality of the health is affected by the choices we make every day.
Having good health includes Physical and Mental both. If we are healthy enough, it allows us to do all the things efficiently.
Common misconception with most of the people is the definition of Good Health. Absence of disease does not mean that we are healthy.
21st century growing Health Concerns in India:
4) Bones issue
7) Heart Diseases
All the above are Chronic Degenerative diseases majorly caused by Cellular degeneration if our body is deficient in proper nutrients.
Reasons for deficiency in proper Nutrition:
1) Food quality
Source of food, excess use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, fruits and vegetables are harvested pre naturally and later artificially ripened. Overcooking of the food to get required taste.
No Physical activities, stress, anxiety, skipping meals, Junk and processed food. Alcohol, smoking, air & water pollution, excessive use of Antibiotics and deficiency in required nutrition.
To avoid Nutrition deficiency and for staying healthy, there are four important Pillars with the formula – EARN
Why Nutritional supplements is required:
75- 80% population worldwide, not having enough Antioxidants in their diet which are necessary to eliminate the effects of free radicals. Nutrition / Food Supplements helps to reduce the gap through dietary & plant based supplements.
People don’t get enough Protein, Iron, Zinc, Calcium etc through their food. Smokers and alcoholics fall short of many essential nutrients.
- Growing children have greater nutrition needs.
- As we age, absorption and utilization of certain nutrients become difficult.
- Side effects due to allopathic medicines.
Some of the important vitamins which can be used to boost the immune system:
- Vitamin C– It is one of the most widely used vitamins throughout the world. It is one of the most important antioxidant and immune boosting nutrients required by human body.
- Garlic – It is considered as another important nutrient which helps White Blood Cells to function more effectively and helpful for healthy heart. It also has Antiviral and Antibacterial elements.
- Tulsi – It helps in managing & reducing stress and other diseases like fever, cold etc. It has Anti-allergic element, so it is extremely helpful for bacterial and fungal infections and asthma, bronchial disorders etc.
- Nutritional supplements are not alternative medicines but they are complementary medicines to prevent the diseases.In today’s date, investing in our health is one of the most important investments every one must think of. Irony of the life is people sacrifice their health to earn wealth and later sacrifice same wealth to get back their health.Like SIP in Mutual fund, we should also invest in HIP i.e. Health Improvement Plan.
Stay Healthy Stay Safe
– Written by :- Vibhas Hirlekar( Nutritionist HR)